General Eligibility Criteria
- be a citizen of Sri Lanka and currently residing in Sri Lanka.
- be computer literate and have stable internet connectivity and reception, as well as a laptop/computer to access the course content to download and participate in webinars and live sessions.
- have not applied for or hold a permanent residency in either Australia or New Zealand, married or engaged, or a de facto of a person who holds or is eligible to hold an Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at any part of the application, selection or mobilisation phases.
- be committed and available to participate in each of the three major elements of the Short Course.
- meet the course ‘specific eligibility criteria’ below for this Short Course and adhere to the application process detailed in this document.
- satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to obtain the relevant visa and be able to provide attested documents to process the visa application to enter Australia for the duration of the Short Course. This includes the COVID-19 vaccination requirements according to the guidelines provided by the Department of Home Affairs. More information will be provided upon selection.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- be a woman that operates a successful business or plays a leading role within the business
- have a business with strong capabilities and capacity to expand internationally
- have not previously undertaken a Short Course on ‘Sri Lankan Women Trading Globally’
- have not undertaken an Australia Awards Short Course in the last two years
- not retire or consider closing or selling the business for at least a year from the conclusion of the Short Course
- be assessed of having a strong level of English to be able to participate in this course
- be committed and available to participate in each of the three major components of the Short Course by ensuring release from usual professional duties during the course delivery phases due to its demanding subject matter
Women of diverse ethnicity, ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics are all encouraged to apply.