General eligibility criteria
All internship grant applicants must:
- be currently studying in Australia on an Australia Awards Scholarship
- be a citizen of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka
- ensure that the internship period does not interfere with or adversely affect their study commitments
- submit a proposal on how the activity aligns with their development impact plan
- commit to submitting a completion report, a summary of the activity/ event, relevant photos, and quotes as required
- agree to adhere to all requirements and use and acquit the grant according to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Program guidelines.
Any opportunity you take will have to be completed with your education within the current Scholarship period. There will be no visa extension granted for this. While taking on an activity, all the regulations applicable to an Australia Awards scholar and an international student in Australia will remain unchanged.
In addition to the general eligibility criteria, applicants seeking an internship must:
- Have completed at least one semester of coursework.
- Have at least one semester of Scholarship left to complete (study end date on or after June 2022).
- Commit to submitting a completion report, a summary of the activity/ event, relevant photos, and quotes as required.